Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ukranian Easter egg nails

When I was in high school I took a textiles, arts, and crafts class. One of our projects was to make pysanky, or Ukranian Easter eggs. It's a difficult and time consuming craft but I loved the results. When I started doing my nails I got the idea to do a pysanky theme for Easter but I never actually got around to doing them. Until now!



I started with a relatively simple idea, mostly using stamps to get the look I wanted. Of course that didn't work out, so I ended up free-handing the whole thing. I'm a little bit out of practice (it's been months since I last did any proper nail art) so it's a bit rough but overall I'm very happy with how it turned out!



I used a lot of colours, so bear with me. For the darker nails I used Sally Hansen's "Black Out" for a base, then did the design using Sally Hansen's "Lightening", Quo's Instant Artist in black and white, and Tivoli Art Deco polish in red. For the accent nails I used Revlon's "Seduce" for a base, then did the design with the same polishes. All the nails were topped off with the matte top coat from Sephora. 

Now I just need to make these last until Easter is over!

No comments:

Post a Comment