Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Maybelline Polka Dots

A few weeks ago I was at Walmart picking up some nails supplies and I spotted a display for Maybelline's new "polka dot" nail polish. I really love the look of it, but unfortunately the only colour they had left was orange and I didn't think I would use it that much. I figured I'd find more colours somewhere though, so I decided to just keep my eye out for them. Turns out I was wrong. The next time I went to Walmart the display was nowhere to be seen, and none of the other stores I shop at had it in stock. I looked everywhere and couldn't find even a single bottle. Finally, a Target opened up near my work and had all the colours to choose from! I chose to get the green colour and dress it up for the weekend. I apologize in advance as this isn't my cleanest manicure ever, I was a bit rushed in doing it and it took a few days before I had time to take pictures so there's some tip wear.


I absolutely love this nail polish. It took 3 thin coats to get good coverage, but each layer dried really quickly and it didn't end up being too bulky, and the glitter distributed itself fairly evenly across the nail. I got lots of compliments on them too, even from my boyfriend's friends who were over for a guys weekend. You know it's good polish when boys like it.



The colour I got was "Drops of Jade", and the extra decorations are done with Quo's Instant Artist polish in Black and White.

1 comment:

  1. My favorite color with sparkles and you make it look so effortless!

    ReplyDelete