Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Circuit board nails

The last couple times I've tried to paint my nails it's been a total disaster. I've had problems with the polish bubbling up on my nail like a poorly applied sticker, water marbles where the polishes refused to spread properly, and even glitter that appeared to be determined to only apply to one corner of my nail. You know you're having a bad run when you can't even apply glitter properly. I painted my nails 4 times and not once did I end up with a successful manicure. So when I did my nails today and they actually came out good, I could have danced for joy.

I had a gold and a dark bluish-green that I knew would look great together, so I decided to do some geometrical stripes using striping tape. I finished the first nail and realized that I had accidentally done circuit board nails! It was completely unintentionally, but I think it's a cool look so I'm happy with it.


This took hours upon hours to do and seemed to use up about half of my roll of striping tape. When it looks this good, it's all worth it!




The colours I used were LA Color's "Jungle Fever" and Maybelline Color Show's "Bold Gold". 

No comments:

Post a Comment