Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Beaches and bubbles

Some days, I go to paint my nails and I know exactly what I'm going to to. Other days, I just pick a colour and run with it. This day was a "run with it" kind of day. I started off thinking maybe I'd do some kind of french manicure. Then I thought that maybe I'd do a gradient french manicure, just to mix things up a little bit. I pulled out some white, a light sparkly blue I thought would look good as part of the gradient, a neutral base, and started painting. As I was waiting for my base coat to dry though I looked at the sparkly blue and decided it would look really good with a dark bluey-green I knew I had in my collection, so I swapped that with the white. And once I had the gradient finished, I ended up bringing the white back out and throwing some dots on there, just because.




The colours remind me of the beach or the ocean, and because of that the dots look like bubbles to me. I really like this manicure, it's got a bit of colour to it, a bit of shine, and some fun designs without being over the top. The base coat is "Sheer Me Now" by Sally Hansen, the light blue is "Ocean Mist" and the dark bluey-green is "Sea Siren", both by LA Colors, and the white is by Konad Special Nail Polish.

No comments:

Post a Comment