Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

Day 17: Glitter

My mom is an editor for a fashion magazine, so she's always up on all the latest trends. For Christmas/my birthday, she gave me a set of "mixed metal" jewellery because it was fashionable and because it would go with so many things. It is, by far, my favourite set of jewellery. So for this day, I decided to do a tribute to the mixed metal look.


The base coat is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Golden-I", and the glitter is LA Colors in "Sparkling Diamonds". It was really hard to get a picture that catches the colours really well. Here's a few pictures with the ring I was trying to match with, hopefully that will give you a better idea of what I was going for.



I'm sad that the camera really didn't capture how pretty this manicure was. This is why I usually go for much more contrasting colours for most of my manicures. I got many compliments on it in real life though,, so I guess it showed better than I thought.

3 comments:

  1. This is lovely!
    I am going to try this - do you have a glitter on top of the silver too or is that just the kind of polish?

    Your ring is also lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I just have two coats of glitter on - no silver polish! I had to make the second coat fairly thick to make it significant enough to be seen, but it worked well in the end.

      Here's another picture using the Sparkling Diamonds glitter polish, I think it shows it a little better here: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-2CeapwGPPck/TyD9lh1UfJI/AAAAAAAAAD4/XlNJUtsxHCo/s320/P1020314.JPG

      Delete
  2. read all of your posts. super impressed. inspired. need. more.

    ReplyDelete